1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-Box 8 foot Western Stainless

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Patrick34, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Patrick34

Patrick34 Senior Member

8 Foot Western Stainless V-Box. 2 years old, I purchased it new. Stored inside year round, honda engine. Pretty much top of the line. Used it on a 2500 HD truck. The only thing it does not come with is the wiring that goes from the in-cab controller to the actual unit (this wiring was damaged when the truck was wrecked, the spreader was not in the truck when wrecked). All other components included - in-cab controller, v-box unit, top screens, etc.

I paid $5450 two years ago, asking $2900. Located in Auburn Hills, Michigan.

2. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

picture? .

3. Do It All Do It Right

Do It All Do It Right Senior Member

western salter

do you still have the salter for sale. if so i am interested and was wondering if i might be able to come out and take a look at it.
    thanks joe
    email jmkr02@yahoo.com

4. Bporter

Bporter Senior Member

Pictures? .

5. Patrick34

Patrick34 Senior Member

Yes, the unit is still for sale. I currently do not have pictures, but I will have some by the end of this week (we are moving shop this week, will take pictures then). Thanks.

6. jfjcontracting

jfjcontracting Member

Would you be willing to trade for anything? I have a boat that i want to get rid of and i am in need of a v box.

7. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Pictures are good. Looking hard for a spreader this year, just waiting for the right one to pop up

8. Patrick34

Patrick34 Senior Member

Regarding a trade, no thank you, not interested in a trade. I'll have pictures up this upcoming weekend.

9. firelwn82

Yeah so where are they???

10. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

He's in Auburn Hills and you are in Ortonville. If you were serious about buying it, you would go look at it and not bust his balls about pics.

11. Patrick34

Patrick34 Senior Member

Pictures

Here are a couple pictures.

DSC02287.jpg

DSC02288.jpg

DSC02289.jpg

12. firelwn82

Looks nice. What do you think the wiring harness is going to cost?

13. Patrick34

Patrick34 Senior Member

Not sure what the wiring harness would cost, I can't imagine it would be much, but I have not checked.

14. Spreader

I'm also interested. Question tho, why are all the welds showing through the finish. Is that the way it came or has it been re-welded due to damage?
    Also, what is the capacity of the unit?

Thanks

15. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Still for sale?

Hey Patrick please call me about the spreader 517-719-2322
    Thanks
    Adam

16. Patrick34

Patrick34 Senior Member

Unit still for sale. There have not been any repairs, the welds are original the way it came from Western.

17. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Too bad your far from me. The wiring from the cab controller is nothing more then a few 8ga wires..... Wiring to the cab control is another few wires....

18. Patrick34

Patrick34 Senior Member

Anyone interested?

19. Patrick34

Patrick34 Senior Member

Any offers?