1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-Box 7550

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by REAPER, Jun 7, 2010.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Part # VM7550
    SnowEx V Maxx Spreader 1.4 CU Yd Cap

Combined with

PWS175 pre-wet system.

Good? Bad?

Going in a 3/4 ton HD with 11,400 GVW load capacity leaf springs.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

More than 5 months. 486 views.
    No replies! :confused:

Not even advice from the sponsor himself to see what questions I may have. I do hope I get better response when I call corp offices with un-answered questions! :realmad:
  3. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

Sorry for the delayed response...

For starters, it looks like your pickup is definitely capable of handling the V-Maxx 7550. However, keep in mind that the PWS-175 fits only integrates with the 8500, 9300 and 9500 models because there isn’t a port in the 7550’s controller to plug the PWS175 into. You can still run the pre-wetting system, but you’ll have to control the spray volume manually. Other than that, we’re sure you’ll be satisfied with the 7550 like so many other contractors have been. If you have more detailed questions, please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-SALTERS.
  4. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I have a 7550 and a 8500... IMO i would step it up to the 8500, just about every part on it seems to be better built and a bit thicker and stronger... plus you can plug the sprayer into the 8500 controller and then you dont have to worry about it... it will fit in a short box truck to

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Already done did.

SP8500 with a PWS175 installed and waiting.

The installer nor anyone @ the dealer I bought it could answer the questions I have about the sprayer operation.

Will the control box for the SP8500 adjust the spray output according to auger speed?

I understand the basic operation of the unit but it seems there is a lack of training at the sales level and installation level of the pre-wet system. I tried to ask @ least 5 questions that I had and neither the installer nor salesman could respond to with anything other than "I don't know".
  6. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

The answer is yes

The 8500 with the PWS system will automatically adjust spray volume based on the speed of the auger. That's one of the nice features of putting those two products together.
  7. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Any pics of the finished product in a pickup truck? Did you do the install yourself? What product are you planning to use to prewet?
  8. SnowEx Products

SnowEx Products Sponsor

I’m sorry you weren’t able to get your questions answered. We try to educate our dealers better than that!

Like Wayne mentioned, the PWS175 will adjust the spray volume according to the auger speed setting of your SP-8500. All you have to do is plug the PWS175 controller into the data port of your 8500 controller.

I hope your questions are answered and that you have a successful winter with your new setup! Also, feel free to call our customer service representatives at 1-800-SALTERS. They can also answer all your questions like this one.