1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V boss right wing goes up wont stay

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by silverwolf133, Nov 15, 2015.

1. silverwolf133

silverwolf133 Junior Member

Hey there, I have a Boss V plow and i recently got it back from the shop had a valve replaced new blades and new toggle switch I am assuming my battery with some corrosion had something to do with the electronics not responding at first but my issues I am having is once i life the plow up the right wing will (extremely) slowly leak. I left it up overnight to see and sure enough every time the right wing is down.. I don't see any leaks.. but that doesn't mean there isn't one there.. anyone know what the problem might be? I am in a small town and the closest ppl i can find to help with plow parts and maintenance if an hour and twenty five min drive which isnt ideal.. also I drive a GMC seiraa 2500 HD 2003 and I find that when i have the boss on it i have to travel highways or longer distances that my truck wants to over heat I can pull over and it goes down then i am able to travel again. but is anyone else having this problem.. is there a way to fix this issue. Thanks in advance guys!! :) :) ----Tiffany:waving:
  2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Replace the wing valve - or if it is that slow just leave it. I had one do that for a few weeks and then stopped and has not come back. Put a HD fan clutch on your truck.
  3. BossEric

BossEric Member

It is most likely the valve , as stated above . I've had luck pulling them out and cleaning them with clear electronics cleaner or brake clean for a few customers that didn't want to buy a replacement at the time.