1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V blade Vs. Strait plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by adhiggie, Oct 27, 2009.

1. adhiggie

adhiggie Member

As I am new to all of this I am curious why the V blade plows are better and pay more than a strait when you are working for someone? Just wondering...

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

More production =more profits for both.

3. adhiggie

adhiggie Member

Just wondering, How does it do that? Again I am new and just want to have a good understanding.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You should do some searching and reading about Vee plows. There are literally hundreds of threads. A vee plow is simply more productive then an un-modified straight blade. That's why they are worth more to a contractor.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If I'm plowing a commercial lot for x amount of dollars and hire you to plow it .I want you to have good equipment to get done fast ,to compensate I'll pay you more.

6. adhiggie

adhiggie Member

Thanks! That helped!

7. gusdust

gusdust Senior Member

A Vee plow when in the scoop position can "carry" snow and also stack it better in a pile than a straight blade.

8. jitaly

jitaly Junior Member

Hey everyone, im new to the world of plowing and was curious on your feedback. I have a F350 i plan on plowing with but have no idea what kind/size of plow to get. I have mostly residential accounts, only a handful of commercial. What do you guys recommend for a beginner?

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Don't put up multiple posts with the same questions

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

There is?

I did a search and couldn't find anything.

11. Mark Oomkes

Holy crapola, 9 posts asking the same question. This may just be a record.

12. Mark Oomkes

Plywood, cheap and easy to replace.