1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V Blade Problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 2moresleeps, Dec 9, 2007.

1. 2moresleeps

2moresleeps Senior Member
    from Ontario

I have the new v blade and the joystick isnt responding well. The power light flashes on and off on occassion. Could be wiring? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Rgory

Rgory Member

Sounds like a loose connection in the controller plug or wiring. They were having problems with small wires breaking loose. But I would start by seperating the connector and making sure all the pins are making good conact and noneof them are deformed. Go forward from there.

3. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

You are lacking proper power from the harness to the plow. Make sure you have a decent connection with the 2 wire plug.(not sure how to decribe it) Had the same problem yesterday.
  4. 2moresleeps

2moresleeps Senior Member
    from Ontario

Problem solved

The wire at the bottom of the joystick somehow ceased to function. I cut about 3 inches from the bottom of the joystick to the spiral part of the cord and reconnected the two ends. WOrks like a charm
  5. Keltic

Keltic Junior Member

How did you rejoin them ? solder? Thanks FMK
  6. getmydrift

getmydrift Member

same problem here. mvp plus controller light blinking, plow not working. called dealer, he will get back to me tomorrow. plow has less than 15 hours, bought last spring. last spring same thing happened, replaced 7 amp fuse in control module under hood and ran good until now. fuse is good this time. dealer told me that the blinking will tell what is wrong,[ time between blink segments] some type of code. I live in the mountians, 50 miles from the dealer. I hope he can tell me how to fix w/o driving down there.will report tomorrow .
  7. getmydrift

getmydrift Member

went to the dealer today, control would blink on and off. they found one of the wires in the controller broke where it goes into the controller. they replaced controller with one that had a much thicker wire bundle. works fine now. there was no charge for the replacement. covered under warrante. Bob