1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v blade parts

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by shaneandmissy11, Nov 10, 2008.

1. shaneandmissy11

shaneandmissy11 Junior Member
    from iowa

my buddy has a 9'2" poly v blade.

the left side of the blade has broken in about 3 different places where the side attaches to the center. We've welded it up a few times, but it keeps breaking. Was quoted $1500 to replace the one side. does this sound right? Are there any places on line to order parts? It doesn't look like that hard a job to replace, but we were told you have to buy the entire side with the poly, and cutting edge together. We really just need the frame.

2. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

You can go to boss.com and find the nearest boss dealer to you. You can also use places like central parts warehouse, they are on the web.

A little search engine time and u should have a pile of places to choose from.

:salute:

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Wings are only sold as an assembly. $1500 is a little high but not too far off for a local dealer. Until you purchased it online and had it shipped the prices wouldn't be too far off anyway.

Their easy to swap out though. Pull the bolt out of the wing cylinder, pull the center hinge pin up out, and pull the wing off. Takes a little wiggling to get the center pin back in so be sure to have a helper nearby.

4. Randy's plowing

Randy's plowing Junior Member

I think for that kind of money I would try to beef them up more and weld them again......or just take it to a weld shop. $1,500 bucks is a lot of money to spend on a wing.

5. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

Is the welding work done by a redneck with a buzz-box or a professional who knows what he's doing? A certified welder should be able to make the repairs plus reinforce it so it's never a problem again for WAY less than $1500! For this, hiring a pro is money well spent in my book, and I'm the ultimate do-it-yerself redneck!

6. shaneandmissy11

shaneandmissy11 Junior Member
    from iowa

We've been welding it ourselves. Definitly know what were doing. Been welding race car chasis for a # of years, with no problems.

I think the problem is every time we weld it, its in the middle of plow season, and don't have the time to take it apart, and weld it really good.

Thats the plan now, take it completely apart, and try to possibly plate it and weld it really good. Keeping our fingers crossed.