1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-blade or not?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

After reading some older posts I see some people were told they can not put a 8'2 V-blade on their F250. Mine is an 06 with a 5.4L Reg. cab long bed and 4:10 limited slip rear end and a snow plow prep package. Am I going to be ok or do I need to buy Timbrens? I really don't want to put any more gadgets on my truck just to plow with a V-blade. I also don't want the front end hanging just over the front tires. If thats the case then it going to have to be a Blizzard 8'6 speed wing set up (they are 150lbs lighter) Any help would be appreciated.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Click on the Boss banner and slect a plow it will run you through. I have 02 f250 8.2 vplow you don't even know it's on the truck.

3. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare Junior Member

the problem is with the f250's with the diesel engine. the larger plows put the front axle weight over the max rating.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

You would be fine with that plow. BOSS says that truck can even carry the 9'2" Power V...

6. VanceCox@RASK

VanceCox@RASK Junior Member

Put the 9'2" V on it!

My advice would be to put the 9'2" Poly V on that truck. I have always ran 9'2" Polys on my 3/4 ton chevy's which aren't as tough as the Fords normally. All that weight rating means is when you have an extended or crew cab truck they (vehicle manufacturers) take in account that all six seating positions are filled at 150# per person, plus the weight of the motor (diesels are usually the ones they don't "recommend"), and the weight of the snowplow. If you add all that up it could overload the front gvw of your truck. All that is going on is manufacturers protecting their buts from a lawsuit if you happened to be out plowing snow with five other people. Personally, I sold Boss & Hiniker plows for Mid-State Truck Equipment in Fishers, Indiana for 11 years. During that time we sold more V plows than straight blades and most of them went on diesel extended or crew cab trucks. Your truck will handle the weight just fine. Most damage that can occur to the truck or plow is do to user abuse. Just be careful running down the road headed from job to job. Hitting potholes at 55 mph with a plow on the front is probably the hardest thing on your truck. Hope this helps. Vance

7. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 99 f250 with a 9'2" boss v plow and love it. Last year I bought an 8' 2" boss v and i am going to it on the 99 and put my 9' 2" on my one ton. The 9' 2" is not to big, just make sure you have some weight in the back, makes driving a lot easier. xysport

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Ignore whoever said that. I have an 8'2" on a 1500.

9. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

Just got my 8.2 BOSS V POLY today and I have an 03 F250 SD crew cab diesel, and there is hardly any drop on the front end. you should have no problem with the V.

10. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

Vance,

where did you go??? I called Mid-States for you yesterday for a price quote on a BOSS V Poly, and they said you didn't work there anymore??????