1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v blade middle gap

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by scottyknows50, Feb 19, 2010.

1. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

I've tried searching the forum, but couldn't really find any answers. I'm sure my terms are incorrect, but what has anyone used to cover the gap in the middle of their v blade? Do they make anything to put down there so snow doesn't flow through or have people just fabricated thier own pieces? Pics or some info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

3. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

yeah, it's a boss rt3. i'm told it's at least 6 years old. we just got it. most of our plowing has been done with tractors on the farm, but we wanted something to help clear snow in town. i'm assuming my boss dealer should carry one of these flaps??

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Boss makes a "FOOT" that is made of rubber to fill the gap. I got tired of the "FOOT" folding under and leaving a streak down the drive. I welded 2 Little peaces onto the cutting edge that met at the pivot point.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You could spend 400 bucks and but the new formed cutting edge for it.

6. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

More than we care to spend at the moment. I was told just cut a side wall from a tire and stick it on there- has anyone done that?

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  8. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

that is helpful.