1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v blade center cap

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Aug 21, 2010.

1. i put a new cutting edge on my v blade last year and need to put the center cap thing in there but wondering if anyone has just put a piece of rubber in there instead of the center thing.

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Why don't you just use a stock replacement?

3. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I have...let me see if I can dig up the pictures.

4. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You should of spent 400.00 bucks and bought the formed cutting edge.

6. Riccas

Riccas Member

I have 2 of the center hooves in my plow parts box. Converted to the new edges because i needed something in a pinch, and that was all that was in stock. Willing to sell them for $50 shipped... less than half of what i paid, but i dont need them.

7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Couldn't you make a cone shaped iron piece that would wear down as the edges wear? I had a Hiniker V that had a center piece like that and it worked great.

8. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

buy the right part or the new blades. i did it in a pinch last year with bad results.