1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-Blade and Charging problem

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by crazyrick, Dec 6, 2005.

1. crazyrick

crazyrick Junior Member

My new 8' Boss V is mounted on my 97 Chevy 2500 with dual batteries. One large parking lot, and my ammeter drops down to 7 or so when I raise the blade, and all the electrics in the truck dim completely. The main battery is new, and I'm still having problems, although the other battery tests good. Assuming my ammeter is right, the truck goes down the road at 14.5 or so when the plow is off. Do I need to adjust a regulator? Higher output alternator? I just bought the truck, but everything else seems great. Is it possible something on the plow install is not right? I'm just tired of plowing all night with no tunes....I turn off the radio to save juice. I'm not even sure if I should go to a shop to check the electrics, or back to the plow installer? Got any ideas?
    Thanks
    Rick

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You can check the plow connections, make sure they are tight and that the gound wire to the pump goes to the battery not on the truck motor or frame, after that i would have the alternator load tested along with the batteries while your at it.

3. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

I plowed with that same setup no plow prep and added a second battery aswell but i used two new batterys.I also had a big stereo although i didn't crank it i never had trouble!