1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

V-70 Monarch Pump

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by RamPainting LLC, Jan 10, 2011.

1. RamPainting LLC

RamPainting LLC Senior Member

There's not to much info out there on how Meyers new V-70 is performing on the new V plows, I'm looking to Up date one of my trucks to a Super V2 this spring. Anyone have a report on how there's is holding up?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Haven't seen any issues with the V-70's yet although they're still pretty new but I suspect they'll be fine even over the long term. It's the design of the plow that's lackluster, specifically the lack of formed edges. Continuing to use a chunk of rubber to fill the center gap is behind the times. With all the issues of rubber centers on other brands for years before switching to formed edges several years ago Meyer continues to use a rubber center on a not so inexpensive plow. They need formed edges. :nod:

3. RamPainting LLC

I have Meyers newer wings on my C8, they use the same rubber for the cutting edge's (semi tires cut with a CNC router) they do just fine scraping the snow off the ground as they are 1/2 thick and super stiff. Formed edges would be nice, but I wouldn't stop me from buying one! Plowing mostly dirt driveways and private roads, having a plow that trips is more important selling factor to keep my truck in tact.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's all great when it's on there but like in the past with all the other brands the used to use one....it doesn't stay on there.

5. jkski

jkski Member

I am considering switching to the V2 next season as well, what is the rubber piece you are referring to? Does the blade leave a center trail when pushing in any of the positions?

6. RamPainting LLC

I really can't see the rubber falling off, my wings have three 3/4" bolts holding the rubber cutting edge onto the wing half's. I'm sure the SV2 center cutting edge is the same if not better?

From the pics I've seen, the center rubber cutting edge will trail snow ONLY in the V position, but who really cares if you just opening up a driveway? The rubber lays completely flat in the scoop and straight blade positions!

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just informing you ahead of time from experience with the SV2's.

Wing edges and center edges are not the same, are not fastened the same, and are not subjected to the same forces. :waving: