1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

v-10 3500 truck tranny

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by THICK72, Jun 21, 2007.

1. THICK72

THICK72 Junior Member

:confused: I have a 1999 Dodge Ram 3500 V-10. The transmission was just rebuilt but still shifts funny the mechanic said that the transmission was a 46RE/RH but the manual that I read said the transmission was a 47RH/RE that is was is used in that 3500 V-10 set up. Is it possible he screwed up and put the wrong torque converter in it and that is why the tranny is shifting funny. It seems to double shift between 1st and 2nd gear. I have adjusted the throttle valve cable in and out. I have replace the vehicle speed sensor and the throttle position sensor also.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  2. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Im almost positive that all the v10 dodge trucks used the 47RH. I don't think a different converter would even mount up to the v10.