1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

UWS Tool Boxes Quality?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by solar, Oct 8, 2010.

1. solar

solar Member
    from Mass.

I'm thinking about picking up a new toolbox for my '06 Superduty. A local shop has a new 13" UWS for $280 and an 18" for $350. I'm curious though, that's about half the price as a Weatherguard - is the box half the quality?

Does anyone have experience or feedback about the UWS tool boxes?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

With weather guard you are paying for the name. We have sold and installed alot of the UWS boxes with out any complaints

3. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

The side boxes on my truck are uws. They are excellent boxes. The only issue I have found with mine and it is specific to the side boxes is that in the winter the boxes freeze shut. No water gets inside but with uws being from Florida, they didn't think about the water freezing. Excellent quality. Very durable. I don't imagine their other boxes having this issue.

4. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

I had UWS boxes, no complaints I kind of wish I never sold them

5. second income

second income Member

UWS boxes are high quality, you will be satisfied. Another high quality box is made by Rail box. it has a welded lid rail across the top which is excellent for tying loads into the bed of the truck

6. Acmemechanic

Acmemechanic Senior Member

Our Company Just Changed Our Private Label Toolboxes From Being Made By UWS To another Major Manufacturer. What a Mistake You Don't Know What Ya Got Until It's Gone