1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

UTV with tracks and blower

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by rich414, Oct 21, 2011.

1. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

I just lost a half mile driveway. The homeowner bought a Polars ranger, installed tracks and bought a blower. What a rig. As you can see we have NO snow yet, I will post photos and video of the thing working. I think he has $45,000 into the unit. notice the shop bent the rear mount and didnt fix it....

IMG_5627.jpg

IMG_5628.jpg

IMG_5629.jpg

IMG_5630.jpg

IMG_5631.jpg

2. leon

leon Senior Member

polaris ranger HA!!

I would not worry about it too much rich,

he has no grouser pads and he will be

calling you really soon.

He can have all the contact per sqaure

inch in the world but he will pay dearly

because he has little tractive effort or

adhesion because he is going to

nothing but "float" for the most part

unless he has a ton of solid concrete

8 by 8 by 16 blocks to put in the back and

passenger side.

"Pronovost or not at all, Excelsior!!

3. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

I forgot to say that what you see the utv sitting on is the driveway that he is going to blow.. the second stage fan is 1/4 inch metal, I hope that he doesnt take in any rocks or the fan is going to bend...He and I have done nothing but butted heads on how to plow, Last year I told him to find someone else, this year he decided he is going to do it himself...

4. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

What a ridiculous setup! If that's the drive, that blower will be trashed in no time. I hope he's ready to go about 2 MPH in that with any significant snowfall. How many times could you have plowed the drive before you reached the $45,000 mark?

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Why wouldn't he just by a plow truck? This just looks to be another case of more money than brains.

6. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

exactly!!! he likes toys and has the money to spend...he also just bought a 14,000lb terex 4x4 backhoe, I asked him why he needed the blower? Just because..go figure and all he does is complain about not having any money! this is all good, because I never have to plow his driveway again..

7. Chris112lee

Chris112lee Member

Looks like more trouble than it would be worth. Especially since you could go buy a Kubota or new holland with a blower for cheaper

8. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Wow that guy has way to much $$$$$. That thing looks like it will break on the first push!! And it's not even a real enclosed cab !

9. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Sure would be fun in the mud tho!

10. rich414

rich414 Senior Member

I got the price all messed up. This morning he said that he has just over $32,000 in the unit, which includes the unit, hard top, winch, driving lights, soft side and doors, tracks, great stereo and the blower. Sorry about that.

Blower, the blower is wider than the tracks.

11. Chris112lee

Chris112lee Member

Those tracks do horrible in the mud up here. The only place they are an improvement over tires is snow. And they still wont go over powder, they just dont sink as much on established trails.

12. motoxguy

motoxguy Senior Member
    from WI

What an idiot who would spend 45k on a peice of **** like that when you could buy a tool cat for that price and beable to get so many more attachments as well as actually have a well built machine

13. SnoBull

SnoBull Member
    from Ohio

Yea, def an overpriced toy for the job. Sooo many other better options then to go with this overpriced gator on steroids.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  14. rich414

rich414 Senior Member