1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

UTV plows and pictures

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by truck713, Jan 30, 2011.

1. truck713

truck713 Junior Member

I have noticed throught this site that BOSS makes UTV plows and after doing some searching I found out that meyer does aswell. I would like to see some pictures of the set ups for both and learn about the instalation. if you could help me out that would be great!!!!

BTW I'm looking at getting a John Deere 855D

2. gravelyguy

gravelyguy Member
    from Indiana

3. truck713

truck713 Junior Member

Thanks gravelyguy, i saw your post the other day and thats what got me interested in the UTV plows. did you install the plow your self or did the boss dealer do it?

4. gravelyguy

gravelyguy Member
    from Indiana

I put it on with the help of a friend. The wiring is tricky for me, but may be easy for you. It's not a big deal, but you will have to drill two holes in your front skid plate.

I looked at the Meyer plow in person and it is not built like the Boss. The Meyer that I saw was brand new mounted on a Kubota RTV and it was mounted through a front mounted 2" receiver. You can move a lot of snow with these blades, and I think it should be mounted better than that.

They all run about 3K +/-. The Boss appears to be the best by far.