1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

UTV Plowing

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by harlee79, Dec 23, 2008.

1. harlee79

harlee79 Junior Member
    from Kansas

Ok Plow experts, I'm really new to plowing and have a few questions i was hoping you experts could address. First off I'm only planning on plowing for family and neighbors as well as elderly folks, and all for the fun of it as well as being a good neighbor. The question is do I have anything to worry about from a liability standpoint? I'm not worried about it from the family and most of the neighbors but I just want to make sure I'm not breaking any laws or any gotcha's where others have been burned just trying to be a nice guy...

Next, I've read alot about atv plowing and I have a Kawasaki Mule 610 with a City Slicker 60" plow, I'm still not quite sure the best way to tackle a standard driveway 2 cars deep with an approach. Are there any UTV plowers that have any tips or things I should be aware of.

Thanks for the help :)
  2. kenidaho

kenidaho Junior Member

Well my inlaws just purchased a Mule 610 and I mounted a plow on it. I also have an 500 CC Suzuki ATV that I use.

I have found that the 610 is a bit underpowered It has a 72 inch plow and going uphill it is under powered. We use it or the ATV on a 3 car drive way with turnarounds. I come up to the front of the grage and push to the sides of the gargae about 3 or 4 passes than I back up to the garage and push out. both of the garges have rool one the sides to push snow.
  3. harlee79

harlee79 Junior Member
    from Kansas

Thanks for the response, I've never seen the mule slowed down much by anything but I only have a 60" plow on mine so hopefully i won't see that issue. As for the driveway clearing, i'll try that technique with the next snow the only time i have gotten to use it I was able to back drag the whole drive way cause it was a small amount of snow. thanks again