1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

UTV Plowing Gravel

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by SkiJohnnyB, Dec 16, 2012.

1. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

Ranger 500EFI w/ 60" Moose County...

The shoes are tiny!!

Are there oversized shoes available?

Has anyone ever tried the slotted pipe/yard gard on an atv.....I suspect you'd run into down pressure issues.

Did a bunch of searches on the site to no avail yesterday from my deer stand :cool:

2. BigBladePusher

BigBladePusher Member

wait till it freezes and plow it slowly. the pipe cut in half on the cutting edge would prob work ok!

3. Robinson_Cnst

Robinson_Cnst Senior Member

I have a Can-Am plow that has big 4" round shoes on it. Works awesome on gravel. Maybe see if you can find the shoes off one and mount them to yours. I think Warn makes some too.

4. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

I slotted a 2" schd 80 conduit as a test piece. It works great! I will look for the oversized shoes though..Thanks!!

5. bjepple

bjepple Junior Member

I have used a slotted 1 1/2" SCH 40 PVC on a 54" plow for several years with good success and finally broke it in the last snow. I have heard using ABS is better because it is more flexable in cold weather. Around here all I have found in ABS is 2" so I tried a piece of 2" PVC I had and it tried to raise over the snow where the 1 1/2" didn't. I also took a piece of 1" and put it on a 36" Snapper blade and it worked well, too. Around here, the rock normally doesn't freeze hard enough to use shoes, they just leave deep ruts in the rock. I think the key is to fit the right diameter pipe to the weight of the plow. If you use it alot, it may be worth using a metal pipe.