1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

UTV Plowers

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by getsum, Jul 23, 2011.

1. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

Ok guys im wondering what you you all use your utv's to plow? parking lots? private drives or what? they look like beasts and extremely maneuverable. just wondering what you are doing with yours thanks guys Thumbs Up

2. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

i didnt know if anyone would use these for a shoveling crew? im debating one for the apartment complex im bidding, there are a ton of walkways and tight spots a truck will not get into. im just exploring options for that and a few residentials i do

3. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

one of my guys uses his JD Ranger and Boss plow for one of my Apartments.
    I sent him out to shovel, He went home and got it... Came back 20 min. later and said he was done couldnt believe it! Its a beast Got it Decked out with LED's Very nice especially with the boss plow. Best Mini plow on the market! It stacks way higher than any other UTV plow. Just go on Youtube and watch the videos!

4. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

We have a 06 Kubota 900 it is a beast have pushed snow over a 6' fence. great for getting into tight spots.

5. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

:eek: wow i didnt think they had that much pushing power

6. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

7. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

The kubota is a diesel with a hydro transmission....it is a beast for plowing. The gator is belt driven if I am not mistaken

8. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

Kubota and Bobcat both are hydro drive. this is what gives great pushing power. I will see if I have any pics.

9. Calheavyrigger

Calheavyrigger Junior Member

Snow blowers for ATV's

I am considering a Bercomac snow blower which I have been told are great by some and bad by others. Snow blowers on an atv are better since the atv's don't have the weight behind them to push a plow. check this out bercomac.com

10. brumas

brumas Junior Member
    from Canada

What about the japanese mini trucks?

I'll fit a Plow in one of my mini trucks, it looks they take care of the business as well.
    Probably no so good as the machines that you mention here, but by the videos it seems they will do the job

11. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

12. brumas

brumas Junior Member
    from Canada

Your other boss colleague told me that boss plows dont fit in mini trucks.

"Thank you for contacting THE BOSS Snowplow. Unfortunately, our blades will not fit any mini trucks."

I can imagine that the receiver for the boss plow is made more for the atvs and utv so probably wont fit in the mini truck frame, but for sure with some tweaks here and there we would make it work

13. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

That is correct sir, we do not offer an undercarriage for the mini trucks. The thread was titled "UTV Plowers" and I wanted to attach a link for any UTV Plowers that may not be aware that Boss is offering a commercial grade plow for several different brands of UTV's. My apologies for any confusion.