1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

UTV plow on a truck

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Grant9454, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Grant9454

Grant9454 Member

I may be crazy with this idea but I figured it was worth looking into. I have a 2005 Chevy Colorado crew cab and there aren't a whole lot of plows out there for this truck. I also really want a v-plow for this truck so I was wondering with some mods to the truck side would I be able to mount the new UTV v-plows on my colorado and would these stand up as well as the actual truck plows do? :dizzy:

2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

I had a buddy want to do this as well except with a jeep. the answer is no. The reason, it's not built for it.

3. Afsnowpushers

Afsnowpushers Junior Member

I was thinking the same thing with Jeep, but I realized I plow way to many jobs and the utv plow would probably not withstand the abuse. If you are just doing your driveway it might work.

4. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

Yeah i'm with the others... THe UTV plow was NEVER built to be pusher by a truck... Let alone you will be voiding your warranty by putting that plow on a truck. The dealer is actually not allowed to install it for you. My buddy has a straight poly blade on his.. plows pretty good.

5. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

It can be done as I have seen it done on this site. I do not remember where but if you do a search maybe you'll find it. An atv/utv dealer fabbed one up for a member here. It was a pretty Boss v-plow. Those plows are tough so I think they could handle what a Chevy Colorado can put out.

6. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

I've actually seen them on jeeps...

7. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

8. PLOWZOMBIE

PLOWZOMBIE Junior Member

They shouldn't be allowed to be a dealer. Liability???? BOSS probablly wouldn't be to happy.

9. Dustin7837

Dustin7837 Junior Member
    from Ohio

[​IMG]

Heres mine, 2011 Rubicon and it pushes great I love it!