1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Utility vehicles

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joel B., Jul 21, 2006.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

John Deere Gator, Polaris Ranger, Kawasaki Mule, Yamaha Rhino...

Anyone have opinions on any of these? Looking for the "Good, Bad and Ugly" of these machines.

Thank you,

Joel B.
  2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

kubota RTV with a blizzard 680lt snow plow best of the best

Bobcat toolcat best of the best if you got $40,000payup
  3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I agree with the Kubota RTV. It is a nice versatile machine and it would be the only one that I would feel comfortable putting a real plow on. All the other ones you can get the 44" to 48" plows made by that company. A second choice would be a Polaris Ranger. Good overall vehicle and they are fast!;) The Gator is OK, but it is pretty light duty. The Mule I have heard not o good things about and that they are pretty cheaply made. I have no idea about the Yamaha one other than it looks like a glorified gold cart. What is cool it that Curtis makes a sander to fit in the back of all of these utility vehicles!