1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Utility vehicle help

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by kedz42, Jan 3, 2009.

1. kedz42

kedz42 Junior Member

Hi I'm looking for either a john Deere Gator with a cab and a snowblower or smithing similar. I will be purchasing new. Has anyone heard of bearcat? Or any other unit that might work. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions

2. FOX-SNO-REMOVAL

FOX-SNO-REMOVAL Senior Member

Personally i would get a Polaris Ranger or a Yamaha Rhino with an in closed cab on it, they are much nicer in my opinion and then you can either mount your snowblower or plow on that. There is no problem with the Gator, but all depends on how much you want to spend. Just my input.

3. skywagon

skywagon Senior Member

This is one of my fleet, plowed for 5 hours this morning -14 in shirtsleeves lol.:D

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii60/skywagon12/IMG_0688.jpg

4. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

yea i wouldnt get that either imo. youd be better off with a ranger or rhino, prowler, mini truck would be cool as hell also. itll limit what you can do, and when you get started youll have so much fun, youll wish for a more capable rig. good luck.

5. ooxteme

ooxteme Junior Member

i havent found anything my rtv 900 from kabota cant push

6. speedy

speedy Senior Member

How about the Bobcat 2300 Utility Vehicle? It has Hydraulics (not high-flow, though) and a small boom on the front. Extremely light-duty, though, but no doubt better than messing around rigging something up on a recreational utility.

Then there is always the step up to a Toolcat, and you still can have a passenger.

After that, you're looking at a skid steer or a CUT.

7. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

The Absolute Best utv on the market is the kubota 900. It is awesome with the heated and cooled cab. Will go anywhere and do anything. Would be like driving a car when plowing. Get the Diesel to. Pricey prob around 15k with plow but will last.

8. Chiefmorton

Chiefmorton Member

The Kubotas are definitely work horses and have the nicest cabs out there. However if you want a work horse crossed with an awesome recreational vehicle the Polaris Ranger fits the bill pretty nice for a few thousand less and alot faster.

9. ooxteme

ooxteme Junior Member

like you just said "if you want a work horse" which i did and thats why i got it. ive takin out with othe freinds with rangers and had just as much fun. got to love front and rear hydros and a 1660 lbs payload with a hydro dump bed