1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Utility Truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RICHIE K, Dec 4, 2004.

1. RICHIE K

RICHIE K Member
    from NJ

I HAVE A DUMB ? I GOT A GOOD DEAL ON A 1992 FORD F250 UTILITY TRUCK 4X2 I WAS THINKING OF PUTTING A PLOW ON IT AND USING IT AS A BACK UP TRUCK I KNOW ITS NOT 4X4 BUT WITH THE LBS. FROM THE TOOL BOXES THINK IT WILL BE OK OR JUST USE AS A WORK TRUCK... :dizzy:

RICHIE K

www.kulakandcompany.com purplebou

2. osbo68

osbo68 Member

I would put a plow on it. Keep it in the 7'5" range. Use plenty of ballast and make sure you have some good tires on back. But I would only use it for a spare. When stuff happens it's great to have a spare. And your customers will like it also. Just don't get stuck in a snowbank. :eek: . Remember it won't be able to push like your 4x4 but will get the job done if used wisely. :waving:

3. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Yep load er up with a 2000lbs or better and do not try to plow any drifter country lanes with it either.