1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

utility body v-box?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by eagleirrigation, Oct 26, 2007.

1. eagleirrigation

eagleirrigation Junior Member

Does anyone have a spreader in a utility body? Most v-boxes dimensions are too wide. But since the widest part is the top and they taper inward,maybe I can squeeze one in if I use some KY. So what fits in a Stahl 8' utility body 48" wide and 26" tall? Any help would greatly appreciated.
  2. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

We have an 01 F450 with a utility box and we have a Snoe Ex VeePro 8000 in it. I can't remember who makes our box off the top of my head, maybe Reading. Anyway the only thing we had to do was build a platform beacuse the box wouldn't fint between the wheel wells inside the box. It actually could have gotten the 8500 but they came out with that the year after we baught the 8000.
  3. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

We run a downeaster electric 8 ft vbox in our 06 f-450 utility. It fits just fine and leaves room in the front for the off road fuel talk which rides there all year long. It is not as tight as you might think.
  4. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

You could always mount the spreader up off of the bed floor a little with 4"x4"s or some tube steel. We have done this before and its nice because you can clean out the underneath the spreader easier to prevent too much salt build up under the track..
  5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

What he said with the 4x4 and 6x6 post.