1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

UTG spreader on a stake bed

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by xtreem3d, Mar 13, 2015.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Hey guys,
    I will probably only have funds for a pickup (which I need) and either a dump truck or a stakebed truck, something like an F 750 quad cab, which I would get more use out of year round, but can't buy all 3. I'm wondering if anyone has used a stakebed with an under tailgate spreader with good results. I realize I will have to fab it up but would like to hear any real life experiences,
    Thanks,
    Steve

2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

That would be a lot of pressure against the bed sides - why not a v box?

3. xtreem3d

So I could still use the truck as a dump or flat bed. I would think it would be just like hauling rock or soil against the sides?

4. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

So fab up some mounting brackets/guides and slide the v box on for the winter, ratchet strap it in place. Then in spring, remove v-box and you have your dump/flat bed back. Shouldn't be too difficult and would help to keep your flat bed from rusting out near as fast as well.

5. xtreem3d

I mean I can use the truck year round without unloading salter..haul salt, pallets of block ect

6. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

I understand.