1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice
  1. countryboy1365

countryboy1365 Member

Just wondering if I can use UTF in my e60 or does it require meyer brand fluid for some reason?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No UTF, use Meyer fluid. Meyer pumps are not designed to run on UTF or ATF.

3. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

Been running atf in my meyers pumps for over 25 years , and still running those same pumps today , with no problems . I just flush them and put in new fluid every season .

4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

When I ran a meyers plow I used SAM blue fluid, I now run it in my boss plow and will never use anything but SAM. JMO.

5. countryboy1365

countryboy1365 Member

Atf as in auto trans fluid? Just to clarify i ment utf as in universal tractor fluid i.e. hydraulic fluid.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

ATF will work it just is slow to move though the pump, draws more amperage to operate and creates more wear and stress on the hydraulic pump pushing it though the valves. In the relatively mild Baltimore conditions you can get away if it though Meyer highly recommends against it.

7. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

yes atf , automatic transmission fluid , its hyrdaulic oil , its what a lot of my equipment runs as fluid .

8. countryboy1365

countryboy1365 Member

I never knew that. I guess you learn something new every day