1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

USM - Walmart sweeping rates

Discussion in 'Sweeper Forum' started by trebordollars, Nov 10, 2010.

1. trebordollars

trebordollars Junior Member

Anyone out there working for USM to sweep Walmarts and willing to share what rates USM is paying to sweep a Walmart. They have contacted us.

Thanks,

Trebor

2. BELTBOY1

BELTBOY1 Junior Member

There saying $25.00/per sweep. you do the math 31 days in month x 25 = $775.00. I will be out of business before long.

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

$25 for the whole lot? That's got to be a mistake. I wouldn't even put the key in my sweeper's ignition for that much.

4. BELTBOY1

BELTBOY1 Junior Member

Thats what were told $25.00/per sweep. and have to pick up trash in landscape which we don't do know and clean behind store. Come on lottery i have got to hit or else its over for me.

5. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

Sad thing is there is a sucker born everyday, USM got scabs to plow the WalMarts so they will get scabs to sweep them also, the WalMart we plowed for 6 years got someone an 1 1/2 hrs. away to plow and salt the lot for 350.00 per time when we were charging 1450.00 per time. So it will happen you can count on it, but there is life after Wally World.

6. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

This too, shall pass. I am curious to see how the phone call about sweeping turns out. We are having interesting conversations and emails about the plowing right now. Award it to someone else already. Oh wait, they are bluffing and don't have anyone else lined up. Guys are calling me from 45 minutes away wanting to know why the store manager is happy with our service but USM is calling them to bid the plowing. I told them "Because they hope you are a sucker. Good luck, and give me a call when your equipment auction is going to be held."

I seriously hope you guys are kidding about the $25 a night. I might drive there and get a signature for that, but only if we needed milk.

7. BELTBOY1

BELTBOY1 Junior Member

No its not a joke. $25/per sweep. What I want to know is what happens when the parking lots look like Sh*t in the morning when the managers arrive if anything will change? I get calls from walmart when my guys miss a few cigarette butts or don't empty a trash can how can this work.

8. cranky1111

cranky1111 Junior Member
    from 4

Thats half of what we get for sweeping walmarts now ... what a pity ...

9. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

:laughing:If your sweeping for $50.00 a night your a scab already you should be able to sweep for USM for the 25 bucks

10. 4700dan

4700dan Senior Member
    from Ohio

It will be the same with sweeping as the plowing we lost 1 of our stores and now the new plower only salts the front lane and plows the entire lot only when called by USM, so with the sweeping you will see a scab out there hand picking the trash in the lot and only cleaning the walks or cleaning the lot with a truck maybe once a week and WalMart manager can complain but nothiing will or can be done it's just how it is with a USM scab.

11. cranky1111

cranky1111 Junior Member
    from 4

Why, do you know how long it takes or how much trash is on my stores, or how many square feet the lots are?

Judgemental Pr*ck .... u have no clue what my labor, time, fuel and other costs are.. or how many stores I run ... Try not to be so ignorant for the rest of your life.

12. BELTBOY1

BELTBOY1 Junior Member

Does anyone know if USM also was awarded Sam's Clubs for sweeping?

13. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

How much does it cost per hour to run your sweeper?

14. cranky1111

cranky1111 Junior Member
    from 4

its paid for: gas, maintenance insurance and labor 27.50 per hr - and the 50 is on one store (small lot, clean customers), others i have others from 67 to 120 a night .. anyway usm is hitting many good contractors, including me - its a tight business in the first place with unforgiving hours etc..... glad im diversified .... good luck to all

15. BELTBOY1

BELTBOY1 Junior Member

Whats the average time your guys spend on a walmart lot each night. Sweeping , blowing, and empting trash cans?

16. cranky1111

cranky1111 Junior Member
    from 4

beltboy 1 --- pm me

17. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Here is what I know. $25 is not going to cut it. $50 is not going to cut it.

Beltboy- In a public forum with many contractors at risk of losing accounts they have held for years, I do not think this is a fair question to throw out there.

Let's face it, if everybody has equipment which is paid for, and they will NEVER have to replace their equipment, the $25 per store which was suggested will not even cover cranky1's costs for an hour. Cranky1 hasn't even mentioned license plates, advertising or equipment replacement into his equation and USM's offer won't cover an hours worth of sweeping. This is a joke. Good luck to all.

I hear scrap prices are up. Think I am going to start scrapping equipment and go on the gov't cheese program so I can spend more time hunting.ussmileyflag

My equipment can sit idle for as long as it needs to. I know how many sweeping companies there are in my surrounding areas. I know my profit margins. I know the square footage of my lots and how long it takes to properly maintain them. If they want to pay the boy scouts to go out and pick up trash by hand, then I think $25 per visit should be a swift kick in the pants to the boy scouts for donating their time.

18. Cmbrsum

Cmbrsum Senior Member

Does anyone know about an online USM site that might say about jobs for hire or bidding in my local area? I am very curious how much damage them of other national companies like them might be doing here in utah.

19. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I know that the Wal-mart and Sam's Club here have the same compamies.

20. goosegettr

goosegettr Junior Member

ok then what is the correct going rate ????? per acre ,sqft,hr if every one is a lowballer then what is industry standard