1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Usm walmart season

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BGompers, Mar 3, 2010.

1. BGompers

BGompers Junior Member

Well, its the end of the season, and I have to say, Usm has been on time with there payments, and it has not been the nightmare I thought it would be. We have worked with Usm on rite aids in the past, and it has always been.....a little skechy, to say the least. But every year it seems to get a little better, and this year, they have been on time.

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

The guy who plows our local WM has not been paid anything yet this season. During our last storm I noticed that the lot was barely plowed so I asked the contractor if he needed some help. I thought maybe he was having equipment or employee issues but he told me that he's not going to do a thorough job until he gets paid.

Glad to hear you're coming out alright though. You must be one of the lucky ones.

3. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

I Love the way you only have one post and your the only one saying good things about usm on here.?

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

You noticed that too? :laughing:

5. BGompers

BGompers Junior Member

Just thought I would see if any one else was having success dealing with them.

6. BGompers

BGompers Junior Member

That post made 2 btw

7. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

He isn't the only one.

He is one of the few on here that have actual first hand experience with them.

8. Tony Bonventre

Tony Bonventre Sponsor

First hand experiance

the closest I got to working for them was an offer November 22 2009 to plow a larger Home Depot for $14,000.00 per season. Per month Mabey Season No.

9. BGompers

BGompers Junior Member

I have never took a per season contract. I def dont feel comfortable with the risk. I have always worked per event, and I hope it stays that way

10. Tony Bonventre

Tony Bonventre Sponsor

Per Season

The only problem I had with per season with them was the fact that it was at least a $40,000.00 per season lot 2 years ago,

11. BGompers

BGompers Junior Member

That is what I heard the most of, and is my experience too. The maint. companies are asking for us to provide the same service we have been for a quarter of what we have been getting. I think that will calm down over time. Bad service or no service speaks for itself, and will self correct. I am not giving it away. I actually negotiated a fair contract.

12. Tony Bonventre

Tony Bonventre Sponsor

B gompers

What is the name of your company and how long have you been plowing. Just Curious

13. BGompers

BGompers Junior Member

I thought everyone could see it. Highland Landscaping LLC, Buckhannon, WV 6 Years plowing, 10 years in business

14. Tony Bonventre

Tony Bonventre Sponsor

Congrats

Congrats on the fair contract as well as getting paid. and I agree it will change soon.

15. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

The one close to me, the contractor used bag salt, had spreader on a UTV

16. Tony Bonventre

Tony Bonventre Sponsor

How long do you think they can continue like this

17. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Those of you back to the east (95% of those on PS), why so much salt use? Why not plow the lot and let it ride? Does it stay cold there longer? Cloudy longer?

Up and around the doors and what not, makes perfect sense. But the whole lot? I'd venture to say that 1% of any commercial lot here gets any kind of chemical to the entire lot. Plow it down and let the sun do the rest. Maybe a west coast thing? We average 12 events @ 65 inches+/-

Thinking about the UTV here, would be more than enough for the sidewalks and around the doors/ front of store. Bagged salt though?

18. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Lots here are 100% asphalt if I'm taking care of them as are most other lots contractors take care of.

19. triadpm

triadpm Member
    from 21771

People around here love to sue. Some make a living at it.

20. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i have one question, Did you sign the 8 page contract that takes away all your rights as a contractor?