1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

USM & Wal-Mart?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mullis56, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

How is the relationship going? I have heard they are on 4-5 contractors per location, in all honesty I've heard this.

We service a Walmart directly with Walmart because we were under contract my question is, will this be the last year of this? I hope the USM/Walmart deal fails as does the stores, so we can keep our contracts (or get new ones)....just curious what the rumormill is now?

Thanks.

2. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

4 3 2 1 :gunsfiring:

3. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

we can keep this thread as long as it remains decent and civil...no need for a slugfest/bash session towards USM

thanks

4. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

If we have bad info on what they are doing with contractors then why cant we post facts? It just seems like this site is backing USM.

5. Michael J. Donovan

like I said, keep it decent and all will be fine

6. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

What conections does plowsite have with USM if any?

7. Michael J. Donovan

none...again, keep on topic and if you want to ask me something personally then send me a pm

8. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

Ok pm sent and all is good captian. Nothing on the internet is ever personal .

9. Cover Guy

Cover Guy Senior Member

from what I have heard Walmart was looking at more company's than just USM so Evan if they lose it I would say there will be another

10. jrc5049

jrc5049 Member
    from pa

all this deleting USM posts is very shady!!! why do you delete every post? they arent out of line? so whats the problem. im getting sick of it? what kind of website is this?

11. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Damn I am just asking a question. I need some serious information nothing else please.

12. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

if you have followed the other posts, in the end a couple of guys start bickering at eachother, eventually MJD gets sick of it, and ends the post, if we are serious about keeping this post alive, lets keep it clean and constructive, i bet it well stick around

(and some friendly advice, if you have a opinion/problem with how this site is conducted, PM Donovan, i get the impression he doesn't appreciate public critisizm, and being he is in charge, rightfully so)

13. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

I don't think anyone knows for sure. Life is good. Snow continues to fall from the sky. Obama wants to tax the top 100 snow contractors so the taxpayers get everything back for cleaning up the snow.

14. Westhardt Corp.

Westhardt Corp. Senior Member

I don't know where you're at, but all we got in Chicago is 40° and melting...

:(

15. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

I have not heard from any of the companies that are working for USM and taking care of the walmarts snow removal? Hows it working out? On time payments? Late Payments? lawsuits? everyone happy? Is it working out or was it a bad decision? Very curious as there are what 4600 wal marts out there and someone has to be taking care of them. Really interested to hear from the companies that have braved the contract and warnings of past experiences and decided that working for usm was a do or die for them and there company. Not looking to bash here just curious. I was in CO last week picking up some equipment and every single wal mart had at the minimum a skid steer out front, so I know companies are taking care of them, wondering what the results have been so far?

16. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

ACA L&L - some could be like us and were under contract already so the contractor is still working directly for Walmart.

17. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

There was a few on here.

But they were deleted. :(

18. Ropinghorns

Ropinghorns Senior Member

I was asked to do 2 stores very near to me for around one fourth what I end up doing them for. I first turned them down, but they called back and went with my price during the Christmas snow storm in OKLA.. I hope to be payed soon, but they were pleasent to me on the phone. I hope to have the same relationship with them that I have had with Symbiot in the last few years. Those deleted threads were a great help to me [before the deletion].

19. xtreme Contract

xtreme Contract Junior Member

we serviced 3 locations threw usm as of this date we have only recived 10% of what is owed and are filling suit wth lawyer on monday.

20. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry to hear that. There were dozens of threads on here that said you shouldn't work for USM because they don't pay. I hope you're able to work through it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.