1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

USM & Ruby Tuesday Service Termination

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by John143, Jan 7, 2013.

1. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Just got a email. USM lost the Ruby Tuedays account!!

This account only lasted from April, of last year!! USM set a record for themselves on losing an account this time. They only got 9 months of their 3 year contract in. :laughing:

2. KissMyWake

KissMyWake Junior Member
    from indiana

3. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Good hopefully all the big companies start losing stuff

4. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

That's too bad............................NOT.

5. zlssefi

zlssefi Senior Member

Thats a good start. They lost the lawn and snow contract for bright horizons last year as wel!!!!

6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Don't get too excited guys as another national will jump in and take their place..........

7. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Not excited, just enjoying karma. Thumbs Up

8. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

While your more than likely right, I hope that these restaraunts and large chains start figuring out its not beneficial to go with the nationals............ Lets hope so!!!

9. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

We serviced our local ruby tuesday for both lawn and snow. We got in with a really good manager, had great communication, really appreciated our work etc... They put in some new ****** bag manager that was always complaining about this and that, all things not under our maintenance contract that he believed should be done free of charge. Anyways, after I decide to suck it up and do a couple free services for them he calls to tell me that he decided to terminate us. That mother *&^*$ ! He was constantly feeding me BS and then I get a call from USM saying they would like us to provide a bid for services at the same location, I hung up on the guy.

They rotate managers out pretty constantly so I'm just waiting for a new one to come in and re-submit a bid now that they are not with USM anymore!

10. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Karma can be a beeeeotch!

11. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Just got off the phone with my local store managers. Looks like we will be putting our bids in for the rest of this snow season!! THANKS USM!!!!!!

12. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

Had my local Ruby's, 2 locations, till the recession. they went with an, umm, cheaper alternative that does both locations for less than i did one of them!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  13. prosnowpusherMI

prosnowpusherMI Junior Member

Its confirmed. Contract is terminated on February 1, 2013.

Hopefully more contracts are taken away from the Nationals. By the sounds of it, Ruby Tuesdays will be going back to the local level since the last 3 contracts with nationals have been terminated early.

14. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Ya, the Ruby Tuesday Ship has sailed though, I give them about 2 years and they'll be gone.

They're closing stores left and right across the country.

15. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

It's funny how things work out in the end? We had two stores for 2 years. Last year around April, USM came around we lost our two stores. Now January 1st, 9 months later I got both store managers calling me. (can you guys please come back?) (the service with USM sucked!!)

Want to know what I said? Sure we can come back! However, our prices for these two locations has changed! I raised the prices by 15% on each location! And then I told the manager we can no longer do your walks! lol They both didnt like that! But guess who has two stores signed back up!?!? payup

Once again THANKS USM!! :salute:

16. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

The ruby Tuesday's by me in nnj are inside malls there not private parking lots

17. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

i have the account across the street from one. the employees actually park in the lot i plow in the am because it is cleared hours before the ruby tuesdays lot.

18. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Call the store manager! Should be a easy account pickup! Thumbs Up

19. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

thats because they found someone to do it at a fraction of the price you were . happens all the time here . we looked at a 25 acre lot for them 2 years ago and the broker said we were 30k over the last 2 bidders .
    the nature of the business is cut throat , guys are bidding just wage rate w/out a profit margin to pay the notes on equipment and to " keep their men busy " !
    all they need is a good 2 weeks of ice storms and heavy accumulations then they'll be looking for another new trade to gouge themselves outta
    they are giving it away as far as were concerned . thats not a business , thats a hoor bath :laughing:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  20. KYsnow

KYsnow Member

cause chaos with the nationals... bid low and never show up and say you did. They don't have boots on the ground to verify. Expect to get fired but you leave them hanging with an angry client and scrambling to find some other sucker. If this happened with multiple suppliers they would be out of the snow biz quickly.