1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

USM and target

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dlcequip, Apr 4, 2011.

1. dlcequip

dlcequip Member
    from ohio

Is usm going to lose target also?

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

USM does not have target in our area. Springwise has the ones in Cleveland area.

3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

I dont think USM has Target in the Detroit Area eather.....Could be wrong....

4. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

USM does not have target here either

5. nliput

nliput Member

They take care of about half here in CO

6. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

They have the Targets in Minnesota.

7. northernsweeper

I guess I should have said, they have SOME of the Targets in Minnesota. I thought they had them all.

8. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

They have the ones around me in Central MN, our target is plowed by 2 extremely rusty early 1980's chevy 1/2 ton trucks. The guy who does it owns nothing but that, no equipment of any sort

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

USM has some of the Targets, spread throughout the country.

Pricing is predatory; If it's not one vendor, it will be with another, and the price will be lower. If you like servicing Target, get ready to dip in to your margins to continue service.

10. ryde307

ryde307 PlowSite Veteran

Reliable Snow Plowign has a bunch of the targets around the twin cities area. Not USM

11. Washburnex

Washburnex Junior Member

usm has no targets up here in the northeast

12. northernsweeper

I had heard they had 300 Targets on a 3 year contract. This coming winter would be the last year of the contract. Lets hope so.

13. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Anyone get the email for bids on Target from Rich? They need your bids by the 23th of this month.

14. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

Rich who? member of this forum?

15. grandview

AGMG invites you to submit a proposal for snow and ice management for Target locations throughout your state. We just received this request and I know is a quick turnaround. If you are interested in putting together prices for this site I need to have your bids back by Saturday April 23rd at noon est.

16. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I find it funny they now give examples of how you are to perform the job. They're still out fishing for those inexperienced contractors........

17. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Inexperienced + Clueless = A Cheap one year Contractor....Then on to the Next one and so on and so on...

Rich... Send me a RFB for any Targets in Michigan......On second thought don't..I will be to Expensive and do to good of a Job....:eek:

18. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

if'/should you hear anything about south dakota...please let me knkow

19. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

AGMG has always been good to me. That said every year it seems the contracs get longer, & more complicated. As all nationals are now doing start plowing at 2 inches....but maintain slip free conditions, call it like it is...a clear lot policy agreement. Ill definitly quote the work, but everything gets factored into pricing, read the agreements guys. Last line of scope of work, looks like a section others have talked about before from someone else.
    f) If any claims are made against AGMG or Target as a result of the work or as a result of any actions or failures to act by the Supplier, or if AGMG or Target reasonably believes that such claims will be made, AGMG or Target may withhold from the amount otherwise due or to become due under this Agreement such amount as AGMG or Target reasonably determines may be necessary to cover such claims and to cover any costs which AGMG or Target reasonably anticipates may be incurred in connection with defending against such claims. The foregoing right to withhold payment shall not be AGMG or Target’s exclusive remedy and shall be in addition to any other remedies which AGMG or Target may have under this Agreement or at law or in equity.

20. grandview

Basically ,you may or may not get your final check.