1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

USM 48hr payment system :/

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

So who else has used it? The storm started 12/19/09. I have services technically on 12/18/09 for pre salts that night.

Saturday morning things were booming, the storm didnt let up until sunday afternoon. By the time i can even get our secretary into the office, and a truck back here to plow any of our own property out with 18+ or more, its now 12/21/09 and they wont even allow the option to say the services were rendered on 12/18 or 12/19... so we put them all through for 12/20/09 the latest option, have to see what happens.
  2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

let me guess

you have to log onto a computer system, and put down when you serviced the accounts? I bet this doesnt go so well
  3. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I have used it and it isnt too bad. I think you will be fine doing what you did.
  4. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

however low your bid was to get a USM job should have led you to realize that they are in the slave labor business and you should have seen the same red-flags as we did. Like if the client doesn't pay they never have to pay you, but if someone slips and falls its your ass. If you don't get paid and stop servicing, its your ass on the line. that's why we never lower our price below a certain level. refusing to work for pennies is how we became professionals and not snowslaves. 100/acre is a fair price, but they wanted 40.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  5. Ramairfreak98ss

yeah the online version is sweet compared to the phone method that creeped along last seasons..

id only worry that 3 months from now when they finally dont pay at all, say that since we didnt log any services for 48hrs during the storm itself for the 19th and 20th that we failed to perform and that they terminate the contract or something lol.

We did get a call YESTERDAY, phone died in the truck, no charger in that truck at 10:30am.. by 11:45am, i turn the phone back on all power to it and checking messages immediately, usm calls for service of salting for one account, said the awning is leaking and causing ice.. By the time i talk to the lady, shes flipping out and has some pest control company on our site within 10 minutes of my guy getting there to salt and asses the situation. My 2nd voice message, "checked later" after the first emergency message was that were terminated from the sites through usm... im thinking yeah right. Were on top of their sites like flys on shiat and one call we cant get back with them immediately and theyll find someone better, ok.
  6. Ramairfreak98ss

these are little places, quickly done and profitable.. but yeah i agree, they offered us a depot for 6k a season lol, i wanted 36, its funny though at best:bluebounc
  7. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

so they dropped you as a provider just like that? crazy. I hate subbing. Did it for 4 years. Never again.
  8. jerrydean

jerrydean Junior Member

Never work for usm

I worked for USM a decade ago. Landed Toys r us and Rite Aides - got screwed!!!! Was told specifically to not plow after hours. Then got yelled at because it was not plowed 1 hour prior to opening. Never got paid for doing any of the work. Now I can't get them to stop calling me.
  9. lbfmd

lbfmd Member

you have a black cloud man, I have never seen someone with all the issues you have, last year it was Lipinski, i would have thought you would have learned now USM the devil himself. guys plowing snow in your lots, etc etc. man you got some crap luck.
  10. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

Im willing to bet the farm there is more to the story.
  11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Oh yeah.

Anybody else seeing a recurring theme to every thread started by ram?