1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

using strobes for advertising....

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by IMAGE, Aug 8, 2008.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Hey guys,

So, how long would a set of hide-a-way LED's run off a truck's battery power? all day? 2 days? (this would be with the vehicle turned off)

The battery will be a new 950 cc/amp battery. ( I may run a second battery if needed)

Thanks!ussmileyflag

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Where are you parking your truck?

3. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Try like 2 weeks lol

4. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

The big ? is Why the heck would you want to leave your truck sitting not running for that length of time, away from home, away from you, Think of the people that would like stuff...

5. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Along Main Ave. in Fargo, ND. Located along the blvd in a business parking lot, in a heavy traffic area.

Sweet! I hope, then I will just let em run day and night.

haha, Fargo is a pretty low crime area. sure kids do some random stuff, but hey I have insurance. I really doubt anything would happen anyways, its Fargo... lol

Think of the advertising potential here. The truck is a K5 Blazer (built up), looks very nice. The plow will be a new Blizzard, and it will be lettered up similar to my 2500hd and 810, if you have seen that. The plow will litterally be only 6 feet from the road, just behind the sidewalk, in a place where 10-20k ppl drive by each day. The stobes will draw em in.

Think the phone will ring?

6. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Hey Blueline...Think he should try to put a photo electric eye on it so the lights will turn on at dusk?

Phone call might be from the cops or zoning for an abandoned truck!

Best of luck to ya hope it brings in the business for you! :drinkup:

7. Zodiac

Zodiac Member

There's a guy here that does that.

He owns a car wash place on a very busy highway, his company name is on vinyl on the front of his plow, and he leaves the plow on his truck year round.

8. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

my truck was off all day with leds and was fine