1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Using Sport-Duty Poly for TUNDRA (2000, etc) ???

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by boo-ya!, Feb 14, 2008.

1. boo-ya!

boo-ya! Junior Member
    from Maine

I'm looking at a 7 or 7.5' Sport Duty Poly from BOSS for use on a 2000 Tundra.

This will be used for personal & residential next season

Anyone using this set up (or similar)???

I could use any/all advice or user reviews on this type of set up.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Theres a few guys in my area running the 7'6''ers on the colorados. They seem to do pretty good as far as plowing and handeling the plow. I would pry get the 7'6''.
  3. boo-ya!

boo-ya! Junior Member
    from Maine

Good info thanks. If the truck can handle the 7'6", that's the way i'd like to go, and based on the specs it's not too much more weight.
  4. snobiz3

snobiz3 Junior Member

You will be more than fine running a 7'6" sport duty BOSS on your Tundra, especially if your only using it for personal use as you said.
  5. boo-ya!

boo-ya! Junior Member
    from Maine

Good to know. Personal use may extend to a few local residential driveways - but nothing too extensive.
  6. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Any driveway is easy on a plow even if you do quite a few. The thing that tears them up is the speed and huge windrows/drifts of large lots.
  7. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

Sport Duty 7 6

I use a 7 6 sport duty on a JK Jeep Unlimited and it works great. I use it on drives and have had no problems with it. In fact the smaller truck makes it easier to plow a drive. I had an F150 with a 7 6 sport duty on it, and the truck was too big for plowing drives.
  8. boo-ya!

boo-ya! Junior Member
    from Maine

What kind of pricing are you seeing at your local BOSS dealers for the 7'6" Sport Duty?

My dealer is quoting about $3600 installed.
  9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Plow prices are somewhat regional but thats about right for installed.
  10. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

I paid about $3800 installed and out the door for mine. It was actually the best price I found in Cleveland. Some places wanted $4200.:eek: