1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Using sand with magic salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Rodeo Rider, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Rodeo Rider

Rodeo Rider Junior Member

We have been using and selling Magic for 3 years, and its great , but we have run into a problem on several properties.

The properties in question all have some sort of moderate to steep hills, we pre-treat the property with Liquid -0, and then we start plowing after 1 inch or so. Now the problem we run into is on the steep hills the cars are still needing the sand for traction DURING the snowstorm. After we do the final cleanup at the end of the storm the Magic does it's job and gets us down to pavement. Has anyone else ran into this problem of needing sand during a storm. On these properties I still cant seem to make a complete switch to 100% Magic.

Big AL

2. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Member
    from ct

Big Al,welcome.I cant help u on the problem,ive ditched all my driveways along time ago.But im close by,spoke to u on the phone before.Do u guys have treated salt at the shop ready for sale? email me if u get a cjance with the prices at onebadram@optonline.net thanks

3. Rodeo Rider

Rodeo Rider Junior Member

Yes i do have some mixed and ready to go for this weekends storm. call me and i will give you a price.

Big Al
    860-283-1333