1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

using lesco space saver for liquid ice control

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by wiseguyslawn, Dec 15, 2008.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn Senior Member

seen a large company in the area using a lesco space saver for liquid control. did not know this was possible. How effective is this and how does costs add up compared to salting.

2. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn Senior Member

already own the space saver thats why im curious if i can get 2 birds with 1 stone.

3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

hey guys, im going to try out my danville express, with a few modifications..

I dont think you really are gonna want to run some of these chemicals in a really nice lawn sprayer like that?

4. Cash

Cash Junior Member

It's a holding tank, motor, and pump, right? Obviously you need some plumbing, a boom, and an on off mechanism but its fine for that use

Plus you have 300 feet of hose for walks.

That being said. If I had a grand to buy or build a brine specific unit so I could leave my real moneymaker in the shop for winter? I would.

Im sure the pump seals etc will take a beating to a certain extent but thats what they are there for.

5. elite1msmith

from chicago

i thought the "space saver" was a small system that fits into the lesco fert spreader?

the gravity system is a cheaper option then pumps

6. Cash

Cash Junior Member

Yeah but wait a while. All these salt sprayers being designed and built are going to be 2500-3000 dollars too. Soon enough.

7. Cash

Cash Junior Member

The space saver is the 200 gallon unit that sits behind the cab, betwixt the wheel wells. You're thinking of that Permagreen 12 gallon add on deal for the Lesco spreader I think.

8. elite1msmith

from chicago

i will have to look that one up . Like i said i think im gonna modify a danville express, and just push it down the sidewalks

9. Cash

Cash Junior Member

I dont know what that is. But I am sure a nice walk unit can be developed.

It's an interesting time.

10. elite1msmith

from chicago

well if you look it up on google... they make a 36 inch walkbehind unit, it has a 4 gal tank ...and a roller which applies the product to the turf. if it works , what i would do , is take out the roller, ...lower the boom to the ground, possibly , extend the pvc boom , to 46 inches.? the product comes out in streams , gravity feed about every 2 inches... im interested to see how it would work... less is more, so no pumps, no filters...just gravity makes things simple and cheap

11. Cash

Cash Junior Member

You could make one out of a lot of things.

Hell youd be surprised how much you could accomplish on walks with a 4 dollar watering can to be honest.

Or a 4 gallon backpack sprayer with a boom tip with modified nozzles. Youd obviously want biger orafices.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008