1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Using Lawncare name for snowplowing?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Lasher66, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Lasher66

Lasher66 Member

Just wondering what you guys do for your business name during your snowplowing season (specifically those you have a lawncare business name). My lawn business name is Pro Lawncare. Do you still use this name for your snow plow customers to identify you by, and make there payments to? Just wondering.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Grandview Landscaping & Snowplowing Inc.
    Your company name is your identity maybe add it to your name (snowplowing)
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  3. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

4. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

I am Bobcatlandscaping Service. This covers new lawns ,retaining walls , hydro seeding, backhoe, and snow plowing. To answer your question yes i keep the same name. I dont know how you could do it any different unless your sit up as 2 different companys. It would be a real pain to have 2 different FID's, W-9's, workers comp, and liability ins.

5. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

One name for all areas of business. I just break out my services on my trucks, business cards and whatever advertiseing I do. Works out ok for me eventhough the business name specializes in Lawn & Mulch Service.
  6. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

Most people expect lawn care companies to do snowplowing, too. So it is definiately not a bad thing. I find it harder to get snow business with my current name (SCS Industries, Inc.) than my old name (J&A Lawn Care). Lawn care screams snow in the winter.
  7. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

You SHOULD only be using one name, unless your registered to DBA, a different name, or you have to seperate businesses. Otherwise you could get yourself into some legal trouble down the road.

As for us, we operate both lawn & landscape during the summer and snow removal in the winter under the same name.

I do have two different business cards that I give out, but we use the same name.
  8. DJC

DJC Senior Member

That's what we do also. Plus on the statements we put snow plow division
  9. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

yeah people usually reconize that its the same