1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Using JD 3000 series tractors

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Eronningen, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

I have a 3720 tractor. Anyone use them for plowing?
  2. MDSP

MDSP Member

We use a 4720, works great. It is a frame size bigger. Depends on the intended use of your 3720.
  3. snow game

snow game Senior Member
    from RI

We use a 3320? cab with heat, 4x4 started off with a 4' power angle plow but upgraded to a 48" blower which works much better for us. We do about a mile of walks (real narrow) in one of our plaza's. We also have a poly spreader on the 3pt hitch for calcium on the walks. machine cost me over 20K but it has already paid for itself.
  4. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

I use a 3720. I have a 8'6 v blade for it. Works ago but its pretty heavy. Make sure your put weight in the back and your tires are loaded
  5. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

I don't plan on using it commercially.. Plan on keeping at home on the farm, but was just curious if guys used them commercially and how they worked and how big of blades/blowers were on them. Its a nice tractor, 44 hp, but I think its awful light to be pushing too much snow. I too thought about liquid in tires and rear weights or a weight box on 3pt.
  6. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

My tires are loaded with tl90. Not sure how much weight that is for each one. Roughly 300lbs and then I put 200 pounds of free weights from our komatsu on the back. Works good. What tires do you have on it now? A 8 foot box would be fine.