1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Using for rust protection?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by CharlesW, Nov 20, 2010.

1. CharlesW

CharlesW Junior Member

OK, OK so it's all that great. I'm convinced.
    Now a few questions.
    I have various vehicles and pieces of equipment that have some areas of light surface rust.
    Do I just pressure wash the area and spray on the FF?

If I have an area that has more rust, such as the suspension parts of a vehicle, do I do the same?

Is there a point where I need to use a wire brush before using the FF?

Whatever I do, will it be an annual thing or will it need to be done more often.

I'm not looking for cosmetics, I just want to stop further rusting.

2. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

I do it a couple different ways. First I spray with FF and let it sit for a day or so up to a week. This is when its the first time doing that truck. Then I do some serious steam cleaning. It gets a lot of the loose stuff. After it dries, I spray on some more FF and it's ready. I only spray the truck twice a year, once before the season and once afterward. But I do my plows and salters at least every 4-5 snowfalls. It will eliminate any further rusting. Enjoy!

3. SkiJohnnyB

SkiJohnnyB Member

OK, ya got me....what the F is FF??

4. CharlesW

CharlesW Junior Member

Just a hint.
    Check the name of the forum you are in. :D