1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Using Fathers Blade on my truck~ NEED help!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Vindicate17, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Vindicate17

Vindicate17 Junior Member

NEw to the site! But from what I see. U all seem to know ur stuff! =D

Heres the deal. My father has a 96 F350 with a 7'6 western straight blade on it. The blade is a Unimount. I Have a 2004 silverado 1500 I would like to be able to hook his blade up to my truck when needed. But leave all of his stuff on his truck.

I contacted a local dealer. He shot me this

control is $274.55
    the way Western does the mounts for unimounts is an ultramount mount on the truck and then an ultramount to unimount adapter stuck in it.
    mount $398
    adapter $285
    then the wiring for that particular truck would be about $320
    Installation of all the above would be $375
    and the high beams wont work on the plow lights on when it's on your truck, but most people don't care about that.
    The only thing that would make it much cheaper would be if we had a used unimount mount, but we don't right now.
    thanks!

I was wondering if I could find these parts cheaper some where else? If anyone would know the Numbers on these parts. Or shoot me in the right direction to find it cheaper Id really appreciate it!
    Thanks, RJ ;)

2. Vindicate17

Anyone? Please?!?!? =P

3. Vindicate17

bump......

4. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

I dont know about beating the prices, as your truck probably uses an isolation module, but look on ebay for used stuff. If you wait, B&B or Crash could pull the numbers out of their rears for what you need P/N wise.

another thing, you could save a little $$ and not buy a controller if he uses a joystick, just pull it from his truck and put it in yours. that saves almost $300 right off the bat.