1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Using Chevy 1500 for light plowing.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by mikef54, Oct 29, 2008.

1. mikef54

mikef54 Junior Member
    from Buffalo

I am driving a new style 2007 1/2 ton crew cab. I have always done my own plowing until an illness last year. I was uncomfortable with paying to have someone do it last year and am looking to put a medium duty plow on this vehicle. Has anybody plowed with this newer style and if so how well does the truck handle the snow removal. I also have a 1992 1/2 ton Silverado with a 7/12 foot Meyers plow but don't want to put any money into it or continue to plow with an older truck. Any advice is welcome.

2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

My "takehome" truck is a '05 Chevy 1500, we have a 7'6'' Boss Power V on the front and a Snowman drag plow on the back, the truck doesnt really get used very often for snowplowing since we do mostly commercial and a few multi family properties. The truck works nice for doing driveways, and it'll some snow plowed when we're in a crunch for time and need extra trucks out.