1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Using bulk without Vibrator??

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by caddy029, Feb 11, 2016.

1. caddy029

caddy029 Junior Member
    from Ky

Anyone try using bulk in a tailgate spreader?? Boss 1100?? Is a vibrator a must?

2. kendog

kendog Junior Member
    from chicago

it might work for some loads, but if it jams up you will have one hell of a time getting it free flowing. I have a Boss 1100 with a vibrator and have run bulk salt through it for 5 seasons now. I have had no issues with the bulk jamming up. I just turn the vibrator on until it starts flowing again and then shut it off. do not leave it on constantly otherwise it will jam on you!

3. First Responder

First Responder Senior Member
    from 48015

Is it "must"? No. We ran bulk, but it would occasionally jam up, which was a pita and got old real quick. Spend the extra $ and get a vibrator. It's totally worth it in the long run.

4. First Responder

First Responder Senior Member
    from 48015

Is it a "must"? No. We ran bulk, but it would occasionally jam up, which was a pita and got old real quick. Spend the extra $ and get a vibrator. It's totally worth it in the long run.