1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Using aux hydraulics to operate quick tach???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Northland, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Northland

Northland Senior Member

I was running my skid the other day and i got sick of getting in and out to unlock the quick tach to switch from my land plane to my bucket. Now I got a great deal on this machine so I cant complain about it not having a power quick tach but I got to thinking. I have aux hydraulics on the machine. Anyone ever heard of someone using the aux hydraulics to operate their quick tach.

I know I would more than likely have to reduce the hyd pressure to make it work, but I think I am going to try to tackle this sometime.

Any one have any suggestions?
  2. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Hey northland, I don't see why you couldn't do this. Id just get a small hyd cylinder and rig up what ever you need in order to attach it to the latching mechanism, get some lines and couplers and just put a orifice in the line to reduce the pressure and you should be set. Now you have me thinking, cause both of ours are manual also.
  3. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

I always wondered if I could do that too! I ordered the hydro mount plate on my new machine so I guess it isn't problem any more! How ever my new machine uses the aux. function to lock and unlock the mount plate. I have to hold down a switch while I do it but it works through that plumbing some how. I don't know what kind of machine you have but I know you can add it to a new holland after that fact, they offer a kit for most options. I am sure you could hook it up with the existing plumbing( w/ hoses) but if you want to hook up to a power attchment you would have to hook and unhook to mount and then use the attachment. Like I said I have wondered the same thing too. My machine some how bypasses that function to run the mount plate so it can't be that hard to figure it out. Good luck let us know it you get it to work !!!
  4. Northland

Northland Senior Member

5. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I do belive magnatrac is right, on most machines its plumbed in with another circuit. I know on my brothers new holland that he had you had to hold the tilt hyd for the plate in the back postion while you held the switch to latch or unlatch the lock. I belive bobcat is the same way. I dont know if the 8875 are plumbed for this or not. Might have to do some checking. Hey northland, did you ever find a operators and service manual for yours??
  6. Northland

Northland Senior Member

I got a new holland set from a friend of mine. Close enuf....
  7. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

You can buy the kit and put it on after...
  8. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

basically, the switch operates an electric flow diverter, which alowes you to use one spool, to operater another circuit with the flip of a switch. i know the last one i bought was about $250 canuckbucks. and would flow 12gpm