1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

using an old belt drive pump on v plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bob00, Dec 25, 2009.

1. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

ther is any hydrolics control experte in here ther is my plan
    my busnisse plan is base on running old gm obs 88 to 98
    easy to fix part are cheep and i am a fan of fisher belt driven pump
    they are way tuffer then those electric pack and easy to trubleshoot if something is wrong
    that bing said for now i can only use straihgt blade but a v plow seem very intrested thing
    anybody have an idea of a kind of control valve i can get cable or electric to keep my blet drive system with a v plow

2. zzzman

zzzman Member

no offense but were u drunk when u wrote this

3. snowbankr

snowbankr Member

Not an expert, but I did stay in Sherbrooke once!!! You will need a 3 spool valve, 1 for up/down with float, 1 for left/right, 1 for the "wings" to go back and forth. You will also have to make up a second controller for running the "wings" of the Vee plow. Just get 2 controllers, mount side by side, and one will only have 1 cable running from it to the valve spool. Will take some thinking but that's the fun stuff.
    bob types in broken FRENGLISH....just like me when I go to Canada....I know just enough French to get myself into trouble, but not enough to get out of trouble....

4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Quoted for truth. I'm under the impression that most folks around here think the whole world speaks English. :dizzy:

I can only speak broken French, I call it "Caveman French" because it ends up translating like "Me call you." "Me hungry." etc. :laughing:

Bob, it's going to make things much more complicated than the entire packaged system that comes with the v-plows. Setting up a dual control as mentioned would probably be the most simple way to do this, but it sure sounds like it is getting more complicated than remaining simple.

5. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

thanks pepole i like the idea of two control but it be relly funny to try to get use to it
    but dead simple

and yes thanks for the understanding for my relly bad english i am a french canadien
    and i didint go to school long enough to learn english very well but pepole seem to understant wath i want to say and i undersatant them it take time but i do

6. zzzman

zzzman Member

oh ok, sorry about that

7. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

if you wanted to spend the extra $$ on a solenoid operated valve, you could run it with switches. one for up/down. one for left wing forward/back, one for right wing forward/back.

a little time,you could make the vplow control work, with the belt driven pump insted of the electric over hydrulic

what do the plow that run on central hydrulics us?>?