1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Using a database to manage a storm

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Lawn Lad, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

I'm in the process of creating a data base from which I can manage all of my storm data. Including customer information, billing/contract inforamtion, subs, employees, invoicing, etc.

I am looking for input as to how this database might be constructed. I'm looking for someone who perhaps uses one or has used something to manage their storms... may it be simple or more complex.

My question is how you manage the informaton flow in the data base and what reports can be generated. Right now I'm in the brainstorm part of the project trying to come up with all that I need to incorporate in the database.

Any suggestions or input would be appreciated.

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Just out of curiousity, what program will you be using?

3. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

Microsoft Access
  4. Maine Plow Man

Maine Plow Man Junior Member

Look for a new package from C.L.I.P. for managing your snow and ice control accounts to be available soon.