1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used X blade price

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by MJM Landscaping, Feb 4, 2006.

1. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I am thinking of selling my 9 foot X blade off my 3500. I bought it last spring and just used this winter. Has no dings or scraps in it. Looks brand new. What do you guys think I could get for it.

Probably gonna get the boss 9.2 vee.

2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Hey MJM I think I saw you in Gorham the last storm, you were pulling out of a lot by Ace hardware. Green dump right??? The X blade does look brand new can I ask why you are thinking of getting rid of it?? V's are sweet, I have the 8.5 on my 3500 and it's a great plow. I'll probably be putting it on my 2500hd next year and get a 9.5 for the 3500.

3. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

Ya i am always around the Gorham area. Its dark blue almost black. I do that Key bank right there and with a straight blade it kinda sux. I have a couple bigger lots with alot of cars where a vee would be pretty sweet. I havent really decided yet.

4. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Must have been you U thought it said MJM on the doors. Company name is Maine Landscape Solutions, I plow the Mr Bagel/Tanning place across from Cumbies and Hannaford, and a private rd off of 114. The rest of our stuff is back towards Portland. I've got a V on my 3500 and it does work mint, saves alot of time.

5. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

Nice i bid on mr bagel last year. You gonna do it again this year?

6. LB Landscaping

from Maine

I've got a contract with them until the end of Oct 2006. If you see me there some morning/night stop by and say hello. I have to have it cleared by 5am so I'm usually there early. :waving:

7. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

If you are interested in down sizing let me know. I have a 8ft X that is one year old and i would like to go bigger. PM me if interested.m I am away on vacation in Quebec so give me till beginning of next week to reply if you do send me one.

8. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

If I do it, I will be doing it for a vee.
    Thanks anyways!:nod:

9. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

Would you be willing to sell complete? I should be in the market for a plow for a 1 ton within the next few month and am in love with the XBlade.
    Let me know
    James

10. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

Ya if I do it it will be complete with everything. all brackets, and wiring.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  11. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

i would get the 9.5 fisher v. you can keep your mounts on ur truck and the lights from the x blade and just up grade the controller and your ready to plow. your in maine so thats fisher country anyway.

fisher v's are way better then boss v's. and a fisher v has trip edge so it can trip in any position where a boss v has full trip so it cant. this means your more likly to damage the boss v then the fisher v. also the boss v is known for the middle show to fall off causing a trail in the center of the plow. fisher v plows scrape nicly and do a much nicer job. the new mm2 from fisher makes the fisher v much more easy to mount. the boss v is a pita to mount.

in other words stay away from the boss v and get the fisher 9'6'' v plow

12. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

Well I have a boss straight vee and hooking it up is 10 times easier than the boss. I cant leave my plow off the 1 ton and load sand or unload it and try to hook back up to the plow. It just wont line up again.

I think fishers are junk. A company in California now owns them.
    Boss plows are taking over up here.

13. jglandscaping

You figure out how much? Id say anywhere from $3500-3700. I just bought an 06 Sierra 3500:salute: ...gonna need a plow:rolleyes:
    James

14. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

saw the same plow go for $4500 in a local paper. I year old.

15. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Remember, ad price and sale price can be two different things. $4,500 will buy a new one, maybe less right now with the lack of snow in the northeast this winter (other than today).

16. jglandscaping

Bought mine for $4k. Just offering because I know your close to me. Itll sure look good on my new 3500 Sierra:salute: Black truck with a stainless blade hanging there will sure look nice:rolleyes: .
    James

17. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

Ya keep in touch we'll talk at the end of winter.