1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used X-blade - how are the poly ones?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JFon101231, Feb 26, 2013.

1. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

I've been on the lookout to upgrade to an X-blade from my HD, and have mostly seen stainless and one older steel one. However, I've seen a few poly ones and wanted to see what people's thoughts are as far as durability etc. Never had a poly plow, or none someone who has, so wanted to see. I did a search in this forum and it doesn't appear to have been mentioned at all, which seems hard to believe...

So, thoughts/comments/experiences? Essentially trying to figure if its worth going with to save $500 or so compared to a SS version.

2. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

I saw a picture on here of a branch that went through a poly moldboard. Made my decision right there.

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I ran poly plows for 10 years and they never cracked or got a hole in them from an type of object hitting them. I would have no problem buying another one in the future.

4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i have an everest poly blade a little heavier duty than a fisher but the fisher polys are nice i never had an issue

5. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Also, snow will not stick to a poly moldboard.