1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

used western salt spreader worth?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by woodsman, Jan 22, 2010.

1. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

used Western Tailgate Salt Spreader
    Model 2000, S/N 20205
    any ideas on what this is worth??? any help would be appreciated

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

do you have the speed control and wires ?

3. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Its not worth much at all. If you want I will just take it off of your hands for ya. Say $300 bucks and its a deal. :D

4. woodsman

woodsman Senior Member

No speed control or mount just the spreader and i offered him 175 for it. Where can one get the controller and mount for this model.
    Thanks Jim

5. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

thats worth atleast $400!

6. You can get the controler and mount for that model at a Western dealer or maybe on ebay? I use 2 of those, they work great, just make sure you have 2 people when you take it on and off the truck, its a bit ackward when you take it off by yourself.
    The speed controler is about $250.00 at the dealer, I paid that a few years ago if I remember correctly. That whole unit new costs at least $1,900 I would think installed, I paid that a few years ago.