1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used Truck Price...

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by fortywinks, Sep 26, 2007.

1. fortywinks

fortywinks Member
    from NE OH

May have a lead on a used 2005 GMC Crew Cab Diesel with a Western Plow (at least 8ft). 71000 miles. Fully loaded. Outside looks to be in pretty good shape, haven't really been able to give it a thorough going over yet. Guy tells me it has plow prep package on it. He said he could let me have it for 30-31K. I have not been able to check the door sticker to see if in fact it has the VYU code, but even if it does I'm thinking 26-27K is a better price. Any opinions? Thanks.

2. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

at this point it really won't matter about the plow package because the bumper to bumper warranty is up due to mileage and as you know, there really isn't that much added to a plow package on a diesel. The plow won't affect your balance on the drivetrain warranty because it has nothing to do with that area of the truck. "mag/moss" act will cover that if there is any dispute. See ya Saturday.

3. fortywinks

fortywinks Member
    from NE OH

Your a wealth of info. Unfortunately, not wealthy

Raleigh Two Wheeler, Black Backpack..