1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used truck how does it look

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by adam5557, Nov 19, 2005.

1. adam5557

adam5557 Member

Hey guys just wanted to see what you guys think about this truck and what you would offer him price wise.thanksPrice $18,995
    Body Style Truck
    Mileage 86,135
    Exterior Color Silver
    Interior Color Charcoal
    Engine 8 Cylinder Diesel
    Transmission 5 Speed Automatic with Overdrive
    Drive Type 4 wheel drive - rear
    Fuel Type Diesel
    Stereo AM/FM Compact Disc Playr
    Doors Four Door
    Stock No. 30815TA
    VIN 1GCHK29131E335973

Driver Air Bag; Anti-Lock Brakes; Air Conditioning; Alloy Wheels; Cruise Control; Passenger Air Bag; Power Door Locks; Power Mirrors; Power Windows; Power Steering; Tinted Glass; Tilt Wheel;

chevy diesel.jpg
  2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

what year is it?
  3. yeah

its a 01 or 02 and i DEFINENTALLY think that its worth the asking price (it never hurts to try to get it cheaper though) THose are great trucks. Just make sure that everything seems to be in good physical and mechanical condition and make sure that it doesnt have a salvage title!
  4. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

yeah, I'd be real surprised to get it much cheaper than that. Those trucks are still going for mid 20s around here ( I know because I watch them all the time) The gas jobs are down between 15-18 now, but thats the first dweezil Ive seen under 20. I love that body style, hate the color. I'm told the 02 is better than the 01 Dmax.
  5. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

BUY IT.

Have it checked out by a GOOD diesel mech first but that is a good price for that truck I think. :nod:
  6. 3D Lawncare

3D Lawncare Junior Member

I just ran the vin and this truck has had a lot of transmission problems and was bought back by GM and has all 8 injectors replaced. Transmission repairs at 8200,30000, 3 times at 34000,and at 35000. It was bought back by GM at 36500 and injectors at 76000. So I would pass on this one if I were you.
  7. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Nice work! This seemed like such a nice truck, but as you can see, you cannot judge a book by its cover! :nono:
  8. adam5557

adam5557 Member

hey what is the website you can run vin #s for free.thanks
  9. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Theres no place you can run them for free and get an valuable information, you have to use carfax.com, whcih costs money but sometimes you can find peopl who have a monthly"pass" that will run em for ya if your nice:p
  10. adam5557

adam5557 Member

I am registered at carfax and i ran that vin number up but it doesnt go into detail about transmission problems. I would like to know where he got that information.thanks
  11. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Actually if you check out www.dieselplace.com they can run vins on GM vehicles and get that type of info.

12. Also call the dealer

Also, you can call a dealer. Anytime a GM vehicle goes in for service it is enterd in their computer, so they call run a vin and pull up ALLL that info. A good friend of mine does that for us on all our used cars!
  13. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Actually, the injectors being replaced is a real plus. They are very expensive and they all need it done sooner or later. As for the tranny, sounds like they finally got it right the last time. I wouldn't dismiss it right away. If you pass on it and it's still available shoot me the link.