1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Used town-city trucks

Discussion in 'Government Property Snow Removal' started by NFDDJS, May 27, 2012.

NFDDJS Member
    from USA, NH

I know you can find trucks on truckpaper.com and other sites like commercialtrucktrader.com but that other dealers or site can you find good used plow trucks, I got two 10 wheelers about 4 years ago from the NY area from a town but it seems harder and harder to find good used 10 wheeler plow and wing trucks. I have been told the in NY all the trucks much be 2008 or newer by 2014 so they must be getting ready to dump some of the 2004-2007 trucks soon. Any of you know of any towns or city's that sell come good trucks often? I am looking for a 10 wheeler or tri-axle with front plow, wing on left or right side or both. It would be great if it had a V-Box spreader but if not I can put one in them like I had to with the last two trucks...

2. JohnMeyer

JohnMeyer Member

Most of the trucks are pretty much used up by the time they hit the auction. Our County surplus equipment is sold on eBay.
  3. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Noticed a lot on ebay recently too
  4. LON

LON Senior Member